Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bringin back the ART!

Here are some more pre-lim sketches.....first off, i HATE to sketch, but with something like this, i need a starting point and layout to get it more cohesive. I usually sketch directly on the canvas, but...oh well....i want to make sure i like each layout before i go to canvas..and tweek from there.

So.....first is Zeus.....he's not my favorite...always the thunderbolt, right? But he's pretty cool...being one of the "Big Three" and the head of the council. I decided on a chos of clouds, with some sun streaking through...with a thunderbolt streaking down, but being almost caught/thrown from his hands. I HATE drawing or painting people, but i am going to give it my all for the final product.




Next is Hades. He gets crap for notoriety and I think he's pretty bad-ass....dispite his notorious bad temper and being the god of the underworld and all. Also another of the "Big-Three"........I think i like his layout the best of the sketches so far. Came up with a hands raised with his famous black cloak...and dead milling about, with the guardian Cerebus....in the background (3 headed dog)....and i thought for the top if i have room...maybe like the ground with tree's roots and dirt and rocks representing him being "under" the ground might be nice.


*Note these are realitivly TINY canvases for the gods...and there is literally only so much i can fit on it. the actual size of the canvases are pretty close to the size of the actual sketches....however, i LOVE to paint in miniature detail to make it look like the real thing up close...so bare with me!



Next would be Poseidon....who is also
AWESOME. The last of the "Big-Three"...and though i have a special place in my heart for Hades.....he's my favorite...and NO...not because of the book i am basing this on! I have LONG loved the sea, and lakes and ponds. I grew up fishing and exploring marine life! I have almost ALWAYS kept fish as pets (along side cats, rabbits, dogs, birds, hermit crabs, etc) but have always had a facination for fish as well. More on this and me later...back to Poseidon! I forgot to add his famous trident, but will obviously include in the final. I thought he should be riding into a battle on raging waves on his Hippocampes-es.....(sp?)...like head of a horse, body of a fish..chariot thing.....so THERE! haha...i like it!



Lastly, I did go on to do Athena...and i have to say, i admire her alot. She's alot like me...loves knowledge...and justice...and Owls! Hahaha....but i really she's really admirable. Goddess of wisdom, , strength, and strategy. I like the one on the left the most...with just the symbols...with a little tweeking here and there!







SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tell me what you think!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment