Monday, June 14, 2010

Art Project


Had NO idea what to blog about...but maybe i just thought up a good one? I was thinking....i dont seem to have anything too important to say....at least not right now...so how about i do a following of the new art project i want to get started. Maybe that way i can stay on track with my silly little blog...and get more art done in the process. I figured i can take photos along the way...and describe how i want things and post those as the project developes. Good idea?....i think so! So...on the the main idea for the project. 1. It's a painting...or collection of paintings based on mythology...or more specifically...a homage to the series by Rick Riordan, Percy Jackson and the Olympians. 2. I plan on using some of the rich details and descriptions that were so great in the series. Plus i'm a sucker for mythology! 3. Like i said a collection of paintings...which this would prob be better with a visual, but two large main paintings...one depicting mount olympus....haven't decided if it should be on top of the empire state building, so just something vague. And the other depicting my idea of tartarus...where the titans were banished. Then arranged around the two main canvases, respectivly....small paintings of some of the gods and or monsters...ect. 4. It will be acrylic on canvas. Obviously i dont think any one reads my blog, but if you do, please let me know what you think about that bit of visual. I'll sketch something and scan it in to give you a better perspective on things soon. I have all my materials already...so maybe this might actually work. (also in the mean time...maybe i'll post some of the other stuff i've done, and possibly discuss future projects. Woot....productivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment